Advocating for safe children, stable families, and supportive communities
37 West Broad Street, Suite 1100
Columbus, OH 43215 — 614-224-5802

Frequently Asked Questions by Families and Youth

Where can I report suspected child abuse or neglect?
To report suspected abuse or neglect of a child, call toll-free 855-OH-CHILD (855-642-4453). PCSAO does not accept or investigate reports of abuse or neglect. If you believe that you or someone else is in immediate danger, contact law enforcement by calling 911.

Can PCSAO help me access information regarding a children services case?
Children services cases are confidential under Ohio Law R.C. 2151.141, R.C. 2151.421, and R.C. 5153.17, so we do not have any direct knowledge of or access to such cases as we are not a government agency.

Please refer to our agency directory and contact your county agency directly to request information regarding your case.

Whom can I speak to regarding a concern about a county public children services agency?
Specific concerns about a county children services agency may be submitted directly to the Youth and Family Ombudsmen Office website or by calling toll-free 1-877-649-6884 (1-877-OH-YOUTH). Youth seeking to report concerns to the Youth Ombudsman may submit a complaint form online. Individuals or families seeking to report concerns to the Family Ombudsman may also submit a complaint form online.

Does PCSAO oversee Ohio’s county public children services agencies?
No, Ohio’s county public children services agencies are overseen by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

Where can I find information regarding kinship care?
Resources and information about kinship care can be found on the Kinship Care page of our website.

As a youth, where can I access resources and support networks?
The Youth Navigator Network (YNN) helps youth and young adults navigate systems, access resources, and expand their networks of connections and supports. YNN is specifically available for youth and young adults up to 21 years of age who are currently in out-of-home care, have had an open case with children services within 24 months, or have aged out of care. Contact YNN at 1-833-644-6966 (1-833-OHIO-YNN) or visit their website.