Other Publications and Resources
Below are useful resources on a range of topics.
Human Trafficking Resources
In September 2021, the Ohio Department of Public Safety, working with the Human Trafficking Task Force, the Ohio Department of Youth Services, and PCSAO, released the Human Trafficking Resource Guide for Ohio’s Public Children Services Agencies.
Children services agencies play a key role in every community’s response to the trafficking of children, and play a role in the prevention of human trafficking by serving children at greater risk of future victimization. But agencies cannot address human trafficking alone; multidisciplinary, collaborative approaches that bring together juvenile justice, law enforcement, homeless and runaway youth services, victim service providers, mental health professionals, and others are required to address the needs of trafficked youth. PCSAO has provided training and technical assistance to public children services agencies, juvenile courts, foster parents, and those working with transition-age youth.
In addition to the above, check out these helpful links:
- Child Welfare Information Gateway provides resources for children services professionals on Federal laws and policies, prevention, identification, and response to human trafficking.
- The National Human Trafficking Hotline, a toll-free hotline, 1-888-373-7888, is available for victims, survivors, and the anti-human trafficking community anywhere in the country, 24/7, in more than 200 languages.
- Ohio Human Trafficking Task Force
- Ohio Human Trafficking Initiative
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Resources
The Ohio Departments of Job and Family Services and Education have issued Joint State Guidance on the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) (see ODJFS website and ODE website).
Agency contacts who run into barriers working with school districts should email the Department of Education point of contact, Alexandra Nardo, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the resources listed above, check out these helpful links:
- U.S. Department of Education
- American Bar Association’s Legal Center for Foster Care & Education
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Download PCSAO’s infographic on the law (shown above)