Board President Spirk to retire July 31
Kathi Spirk, PCSAO Board President and director of Clinton County JFS, is retiring this Friday, July 31.
Spirk has worked at Clinton County JFS for more 33 years and has served as director since 2013. She has been responsible for leading the quadruple-combined agency’s public assistance, workforce development, unemployment insurance, child and adult protective services, adoption, child care, and child support programs. Spirk was elected to the PCSAO Board of Trustees in 2016, become vice president in 2018, and has served as president since 2019.
During her tenure, she:
- Led PCSAO through the SFY20-21 budget process where children services received an unprecedented investment;
- Strengthened the association including now representing all county PCSAs;
- Expanded Ohio START to serve 46 counties;
- Released the 2019 Factbook;
- Updated our Children’s Continuum of Care Reform plan including the recently issued report on developing a Tiered Treatment Foster Care network; and
- Navigated the challenges and issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
PCSAO sincerely appreciates Spirk for her commitment and dedication to the association and to Ohio’s children, families, and county PCSAs. She will be greatly missed, but we wish her much-deserved enjoyment and relaxation in her retirement.