Most Election Day levies pass
Children services levies in four of five counties passed handily on Tuesday. Unofficial election results posted by each county’s board of elections (except where indicated) show:
- Hamilton County (renewal): Passed, 71% – 29%
- Highland County (new): Failed, 44% – 56% (reported by The Highland County Press)
- Lucas County (renewal+increase): Passed, 62% – 38%
- Mercer County (new): Passed, 59% – 41%
- Muskingum County (renewal): Passed, 68% – 32%
Mercer’s victory is significant because that county did not previously have a levy. It becomes the 47th Ohio county to be supported by a children services levy.
PCSAO extends its thanks to voters who supported the levies.