Districts & Committees
As an association of county children services agencies, PCSAO depends on the leadership, participation, and active engagement of its members to be successful. In addition to statewide meetings, work is organized geographically by district and topically by committee.
Member agencies are divided geographically into six districts:
- Northeast (tan)
- East Central (violet)
- Southeast (red)
- Southwest (green)
- Northwest (blue)
- Metro (stars)
Directors from each district appoint members to PCSAO’s Board of Trustees. They also meet four to six times a year in the district for learning and networking opportunities (see our calendar for meeting dates and locations), and to inform the decisions of the board. District meetings may draw a diverse group of attendees, including agency directors or administrators, PCSAO staff, representatives from the Ohio Child Welfare Training Program and Regional Training Centers, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Technical Assistance Specialists, and others.
A great deal of association work gets done through committees. Each committee is supported by a PCSAO staff member and helps channel information and decision-making guidance to the Board of Trustees. Committees are generally open to agency directors or staff and sometimes to other key stakeholders. In addition to standing committees established by PCSAO’s Bylaws, there are also ad hoc committees usually devoted to time-limited projects. Key PCSAO committees include:
- Legislative Committee: Chaired by Randy Muth (Mahoning County Children Services); staffed by Mary Wachtel. Reviews and evaluates state and federal bills pertaining to child protection. Track this committee’s work on our Legislation page.
- Rules Review Committee: Chaired by Erica Sabados (Cuyahoga County Children and Family Services); staffed by Mary Wachtel. Reviews and evaluates proposed state rules pertaining to child protection. Learn more about rules.
- Conference Planning Committee: Chaired by Tracie Stein (Southeast Ohio Regional Training Center); staffed by Jeed Jitprasert. Plans PCSAO’s annual conference.
- Community Education Committee: Chaired by Kim Bushek (Portage County JFS), Julie Schoenlein (Lorain County Children Services) and Robin Webb (Athens County Children Services); staffed by Scott Britton. Supports agency staff who manage communications, marketing, caregiver recruitment, and community outreach, with a goal of improving public perception and value of the child protection system; develops publications related to this work; and manages Wear Blue and other statewide education campaigns.
- Human Resources/Safety Committee: Chaired by Kelly Lockhart (Stark County JFS); staffed by Scott Britton. Supports agency human resources and safety officers; examines statewide workforce trends and collects safety incident data. Meetings are aligned with the Job and Family Services Human Resources Association.