The 13th Edition (2017) of the PCSAO Factbook is now available:
- Download the PCSAO Factbook as a PDF (links to individual counties/sections below)
- Order your own copy of the PCSAO Factbook
- Help us improve the Factbook by completing this short survey
The Factbook is designed as a resource for policymakers and the media; for federal, state, and local partners; and for those interested in the safety and stability of Ohio’s children and families. This edition represents a significant departure and redesign from previous editions. In past years, PCSAO has presented a great deal of non-children services-specific data on topics such as poverty and employment, affordable housing, and child care. Now that those data are more readily available from other sources, PCSAO has elected to replace that information with more children services-specific program and fiscal information.
Check out these infographics developed with data from the Factbook:
- Big Numbers, Big Needs in Children Services
- High Caseworker Turnover in Child Protective Services
- Impact of the Opioid Epidemic on Children
It is our hope that these data provide greater insight into and understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing Ohio’s children and families and the important work that public children services agencies (PCSAs) do to protect and support them.