Effective Date: February 1, 2003.
Most current prior effective date: January 1, 1997.
(A) County departments of job and family
services (CDHS) (CDJFS) and
public children services agency (PCSA) employees and other staff designated by
each agency's director shall complete a minimum of twelve hours of domestic
violence training within twenty-four months of the effective date of this rule
or the effective date of hire. Training content shall include but not be limited
(1) Laws governing domestic violence, including:
(a) The definition of domestic violence under section 2919.25 of the Revised Code;
(b) Mandates of courts, law enforcement and health care professionals; and
(c) Protection orders available to the victim under sections 2919.26 and 3113.31 of the Revised Code.
(2) The dynamics of domestic violence and the relationship on other family members within the household, including children and the elderly.
(3) The identification and assessment of domestic violence:
(a) Physical, behavioral, emotional and verbal indicators that a family or household member, as defined in division (E) of section 2919.25 of the Revised Code, may be at risk of domestic violence; and
(b) Lethality of that risk.
(4) Safety planning for the victim of domestic violence and other family members within the household who may be at risk of abuse or neglect, including children and the elderly.
(5) Accessing supportive and preventative services through coordination with community service providers.
(B) Training required by this rule may be
fulfilled by completing seminars, conferences, workshops, or courses sponsored
ODHS ODJFS , Ohio's
child welfare or adult services training programs, ODJFS
sponsored training programs, colleges/universities, or organizations
provided that the director or designee of each CDHS
CDJFS and PCSA assures that all content and hour requirements described
in paragraph (A) of this rule are met.
(C) The director of each
CDJFS and PCSA shall maintain documentation of caseworker and designated
staff who have completed training required by this rule.
(D) Caseworkers and supervisors of public children services agencies may use the training hours completed in satisfaction of the requirements of this rule to satisfy an equal number of training hours as required by section 5153.122 of the Revised Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 09/13/2002 and 02/01/2008
Certification: CERTIFIED ELECTRONICALLY
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5101.251, 5101.07.1
Rule Amplifies: 5101.07.1, 5101.251
Prior Effective Dates: 01/01/1997